The process to assign scouts.org.za email addresses has been expanded.
Who can apply?
- All warranted adult leaders, that are in a Scout Group that has signed the SPA and are registered on SSA’s membership database (Scouts.Digital), qualify to have a scout.org.za email address.
- It was further decided that treasurers may also apply for the email address, but that they need to make use of the shared mailbox option (indicated on the form).
- Rovers that do not have a warrant may also apply for a scouts.org.za email address, but they have to be part of a Crew that has signed the SPA and they should be registered on the SSA’s membership database (Scouts.Digital).
Alias or shared mailbox options:
- With an alias (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) the email address is linked to a specific role. This means that if the person in that role leaves, the email address will be transferable to the next person in line.
- If you opt for a shared mailbox (i.e. email@example.com) more than one email address can be assigned to the mailbox. Unless deleted by a mailbox member, the history and messages stay in the mailbox and enhance continuity of service to our youth
#scoutsouthafrica #volunteers #communication