Location: Cape Town
Closing date: 10 November
Application to be sent to: MaraisButton & Associates, firstname.lastname@example.org
The SCOUT Foundation manages capital investments, an endowment fund, as well as specific Donor Advised Funds, on behalf of SCOUTS South Africa, its sole beneficiary.
SCOUTS South Africa (SSA) is an independent, non-profit educational movement dedicated to the development of young people in achieving their full potential as individuals and responsible citizens. Central in this programme is a continuous transference of values such as honesty, loyalty, responsibility, respect; all aimed at governing individual behaviour and the development of strong leadership skills that will equip members to be of service to others and to their communities.
The Scout programme is delivered to more than 50,000 children and youth (boys and girls) aged between 5 and 17 years throughout South Africa. Members aged 18 to 30, can then further progress into the SSA young adult development programme.
The SCOUT Foundation is looking to appoint a Resource Mobilisation Manager for a 12-month contract position. The contract is renewable if funds permit and subject to mutual satisfactory performance.
The Resource Mobilisation Manager will work on behalf of the Foundation with the SCOUTS South Africa CEO and National PR Manager, to manage specific fundraising initiatives, to mobilise resources, and to enhance the corporate profile of the South African Scout Movement.
The role calls for a person with a network of corporate contacts, who will strive to use their marketing and resource mobilisation abilities to better the lives of children and youth in South Africa.
The individual should be an assertive and independent self-starter, detail and solution orientated, and committed to good governance. The person needs to be able to work within given deadlines and manage multiple projects from conceptualisation, through inception to closeout and funder reporting with integrity and professionalism. The SCOUT Foundation and its beneficiary SCOUTS South Africa are volunteer driven organisations. Preference would be given to BBBEE candidates.
- Together with the SCOUTS South Africa CEO develop and manage strategic corporate resource partnerships.
- Develop ingenious strategies and campaigns to raise awareness of, and market Scouting to, corporate, public sector and government stakeholders.
- Investigate and source external funding to sustain the SSA strategy and
- Maintain a resource mobilisation
- Oversee and implement fundraising
- Attend and organise corporate networking initiatives with the support of the SCOUT Foundation
- Manage the “Friends of Scouting” donor recognition
- Preparing quarterly feedback budget and resource mobilisation
- Attend SCOUT Foundation meetings and report on fundraising and project management
Fundraising/Project Management Competencies
- Develop and build strategic corporate relationships
- Project planning and administration
- Budget development and financial management]
- Strong/effective verbal and written communication
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work within given deadlines
- Analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills
- Degree-level education
- Min 5 years’ experience with fundraising and partnership
- Experience in managing projects from conceptualisation through to implementation and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (fluency in other South African languages will be an advantage).
- Residing in, or willing to relocate to Cape
- Being a member of SSA would be advantageous but is not a minimum
This is an initial office-based position (with possibility of hybrid work in the future) based at the National Scout Office in Cape Town. Monthly remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Interested candidates are invited to submit a motivation letter highlighting your suitability to the role. This must include your monetary fundraising successes and achievements. Also send your CV with contact details of three work-related referees to MaraisButton & Associates. Email: email@example.com
Contact will only be made with shortlisted candidates.