The Scout Foundation


What is the SCOUT Foundation (SF)?

The SCOUT Foundation is an independent Trust established in 1987. Its mission is to secure, manage and generate funds for the financing of SCOUTS South Africa (SSA) its sole beneficiary.

Who are the Trustees of the Scout Foundation?

  • Pedro Rhode (Chair)
  • Andrew Tanner
  • Brendon Hausberger (Chief Scout)
  • David van Eyk
  • Milly Siebrits (CEO SSA)

What does the Scout Foundation do?

The SCOUT Foundation manages the SCOUTS South Africa Endowment Fund. The Endowment Fund is funded by donations and bequests. No withdrawals from the invested capital is permitted. 75% of the interest obtained from this capital is dispersed annually to SCOUTS South Africa. The remaining 25% of the interest is reinvested in the Endowment Fund.

  1. The Scout Foundation holds in trust all monies received from the disposal of SCOUTS South Africa’s fixed properties, wherever they may originate.
  2. The Capital proceeds realised are accounted for as a ‘Reserve Fund under Administration’ in the name of the individual Scout Group or other such unit having disposed of such fixed assets. Investment income not utilised is accrued to the capital balance of that reserve fund.
  3. 10% of the investment income is paid to the account of The Scout Foundation.
  4. The Scout Foundation receives and invests funds bequeathed to SCOUTS South Africa.



You can make a difference to a young person by leaving a gift to Scouting in your will or by donating in memoriam.

Find out how by clicking here or contact SCOUTS SA’s CEO at

Friend of Scouting

By donating towards the betterment of children in South Africa and the sustainability of Scouting, you are a Friend of Scouting.