AN election process for Scout Board member
As you are aware, the Constitution of SCOUTS South Africa stipulates that registered Alumni Network members can elect two people onto the Scout Board. We are initiating this process and call on your participation.
Please register and officially join the Alumni Network (click here). Once completed, you can nominate and vote.
Criteria for members nominated to serve on the governing Board of SCOUTS South Africa
The Constitution of SCOUTS South Africa sets out the role and eligibility criteria for members of the Governing Board in article V sections 1 & 3.
In addition to these stipulations the Board requires that the persons nominated must meet the following criteria:
- Be respected and recognised senior professionals in their respective fields.
- Have experience at a senior level in any one or more of the following fields: Business, Information Technology, Law, Accounting, HR Management, Education or any senior leadership role.
- Be prepared to actively participate in raising the financial resources required to ensure the adequate administration of the organisation.
- Be willing to commit the time required to attend all the meetings and to perform all functions that this senior position requires.
- Be prepared to undergo an orientation programme.
- Accept to be a public advocate for the organisation.
Election process is as followed:
- Print and fill in the form. Click here to download form for Nomination for SSA Board_Alumni Network RepE
- Nominations close 10 September 2017 23:59, Send your nominations to email@example.com. Subject: ”AN Scout Board”
- All registered Alumni Network members by 10 September 2017 23:59 are eligible to nominate.
- List of nominations will be emailed in September 2017 to all registered Alumni Network members.
- Postal/email votes close 1 October 2017 23:59. Send your votes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: ”AN Scout Board”
- All registered Alumni Network members by 10 September 2017 23:59 are eligible to vote.
Professor Brian Figaji
Chair: Scout Board