The 16th World Scout Rover Moot is taking place in Portugal from the 25 July to 3 August 2025!
The event will bring together Rovers from all around the world to “engage” with each other and work towards building their own destinies! Rovers will be encouraged to have an active role in building their Moot, choosing their own paths and deciding how they want to change a community and how they want to impact our world.
Are you the Head of Contingent (HOC) we are looking for?
The HOC will need to form, appoint and lead a Contingent Management Team. They will oversee the planning of SSA’s participation, the promotion of the Moot amidst our Rovers, and ensure that our SA Rovers’ experience of the 16th World Scout Rover Moot in Portugal is one to remember.
- View the role description HERE.
- To apply complete this form and send it with your Scout CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line 16th World Scout Rover Moot HOC no later than 31 August 2023.
All around the world, increasing challenges arise for our communities. The new technology outburst poses as much as an opportunity as an immense threat. By 2030, more than half of the current jobs will no longer exist. At the same time, natural resources depletion is deepening, and energy consumption is spiking. All these changes are placing a huge pressure on present communities.
A growing need for digital adaptation, mobility and sustainable development poses challenges to our governments, schools and overall population. New skills need to be developed. Soft skills and social competencies are of increasing importance and need to be developed and integrated in our daily life. Young people will be the core of this change and will face challenges never imagined.
The Rover Moot will ask youth to engage, to prepare for the challenges and to innovate. Rovers have the power to change their communities and have an impact on their daily lives!
Innovating the next steps!
- First, get engaged! Commit yourself to this urge to become more active in your local community – engage with your family, school, friends, Scout group, workplace, city, country… Find out what you would like to change, start dreaming! Accept the challenge to create and shape the Moot by sharing your idea of a project!
- Second, engage others! Gather your friends! Bring fellow Scouts to your project, make them passionate and create a community!
- Third, engage with others! Find out what challenges the communities around you are facing. Together with your fellow Scouts, develop a project that tackles these challenges!
The theme of the event is “innovating the next steps”! Participating Rovers will be called upon to think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions to the current challenges facing young people and their communities; to take a lead and to make their every move in life count as they seek to better themselves and those around them.
Discover the beauty, culture and heritage of Portugal, make new friends, and plan for a better future at the Rover Moot! More information here: https://worldscoutmoot.pt/