We run a number of mailing lists for news and announcements about Scouting in South Africa. Lists are aimed at adult members including Scout leaders, Cub Leaders, Rovers and Regional teams, and are also open to Scouts, parents, supporters, and other interested people.
Subscribe or unsubscribe
To subscribe or unsubscribe, go to the page for the mailing list in your region. To unsubscribe, use the “Unsubscribe or edit options” button at the bottom of that page.
- Eastern Cape (North) mailing list
- Eastern Cape (South) mailing list
- Free State mailing list
- Gauteng mailing list
- KwaZulu-Natal mailing list
- Limpopo mailing list
- Mpumalanga mailing list
- Northern Cape mailing list
- Northwest mailing list
- Western Cape mailing list
These mailing lists act as an additional channel of communication within the organisation. The mailing lists are used for news and announcements about Scouting, and are not intended as a discussion forum.
Regional teams are encouraged to send information to the appropriate lists, as a way of improving communications within the organisation.
The lists are moderated, which means if you send a message to the list, it will be checked before it is sent to the list members. This means there may be a delay before the moderator releases the message. Certain people who need to send regular messages to the list may be allowed to send messages without them being manually approved first.
Mailing list rules
- Only Scouting-related notices are allowed
- Only members may send messages to the list
- When posting to the list, do not CC the message to other addresses.
- If a message is posted to more than one mailing list simultaneously, please use the BCC field for the list addresses.
- The Scout Law applies at all times
- We reserve the right to remove any list member who abuses a mailing list.
Messages sent to the lists do not represent the opinion of SCOUTS South Africa, but are the responsibility of the author of the message.
For technical or administrative problems with the mailing list, contact email@example.com