SCOUTS SA has suspended Scouting activities for the duration that the schools are closed as a precautionary measure. Find message from Chief Scout Brendon Hausberger here.
The Scout shops nationwide will be open, however we ask that the following precautions are taken:
- If possible, use the online Scout shop and pay online via card or EFT for your purchases: https://shop.scouts.org.za/
- For necessary shop purchases, make card, Snapscan or EFT payments only.
- Keep the exchange of clothing to a minimum.
- Groups are encouraged to use the online Scout shop and in the comments ask that their Group account be used for the payment. Only authorised Group members may purchase for their Group as per normal.
- Emailed orders can continue as normal.
If you have been overseas in the last 2 weeks, if you have been in contact with travelers or have any viral/bacterial infection or a temperature, we request you postpone your visit to the Scout Shop to a later date and refer to our online Scout shop.
Reduced shop hours:
We also ask for your understanding and patience as Scout shop and office staff will be working reduced hours to avoid them using public transport during peak hours.
- National/Western Cape Scout shop will be open from Tues-Fri 10:00 – 15:00. The telephone lines will be in operation from 10h00 – 15h00.
- Gauteng Scout shop will be open from Wed-Thurs 08h30 – 15h00 and on Fri 08h30 – 14h00.
- Tshwane Scout shop will be open on Thurs 13h30 – 16h00 and Sat 09h00 – 13h00.
- KwaZulu-Natal Scout shop will be open Mon, Wed and Thurs 08h30 – 16h00.
We thank you for your support and understanding. Together we can limit the spread of COVID-19 and keep each other safe.
#SCOUTSSA #ScoutsSouthAfrica #ScoutShop