Scout Board Group Representative election process
As you are aware, the Constitution of SCOUTS South Africa stipulates that members are to elect Group Representatives onto the Scout Board. We are initiating this process and call on your participation.
Criteria for members nominated to serve on the governing Board of SCOUTS South Africa
The Constitution of SCOUTS South Africa sets out the role and eligibility criteria for members of the Governing Board in article V sections 1 & 3.
In addition to these stipulations the Board requires that the persons nominated must meet the following criteria:
- Be respected and recognised senior professionals in their respective fields.
- Have experience at a senior level in any one or more of the following fields: Business, Information Technology, Law, Accounting, HR Management, Education or any senior leadership role.
- Be prepared to actively participate in raising the financial resources required to ensure the adequate administration of the organisation.
- Be willing to commit the time required to attend all the meetings and to perform all functions that this senior position requires.
- Be prepared to undergo an orientation programme.
- Accept to be a public advocate for the organisation.
Process for election of SSA Board members: Group Representatives on the Board
- Complete and send to us! Click here for Nomination for SSA Board_Group Rep
- Nominations close 15 August 2017 23:59, Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: ”GR Scout Board”
- All Groups that signed the SPA and are in good standing by 15 August 2017 23:59 are eligible to nominate.
- List of nominations will be published in August 2017 through the National Announcements and on the national website for voting.
- Postal/email votes close 1 October 2017 23:59. Send your votes to email@example.com. Subject: ”GR Scout Board”
- Final voting round will take place at the National Lekgotla on 7 October 2017.
- All Groups that signed the SPA and are in good standing by 15 August 2017 23:59 are eligible for voting.
Professor Brian Figaji
Chair: Scout Board