In consultation with the Southern zone committee, the initial host, Emavulandlela Swaziland Scout Association have indicated their willingness to host the zonal conference at a future date. Following this development and to give ample time for all to plan, Malawi Scout Association graciously agreed to host this year’s activities as indicated below.
14th Southern Africa Zone Scout Youth Forum
- Dates: The Youth Forum will take place from the 30th of May to the 1st of June 2018. Arrival on Wednesday 30 May 2018. Departure/Joining the Conference on 2 June 2018.
- Participants: Each NSO can bring up to 2 delegates and a maximum of 3 observers aged between 18 to 26 years.
- The hosts will cover the accommodation and related expenses for up to 2 delegates per NSO.
- All the observers will be required to meet all their own expenses.
- All participants cover their own transport to and from the forum venue and any costs before or after the forum period.
43rd Southern Africa Zone Scout Conference
- Dates: The Conference will take place from the 1st to the 3rd of June 2018. Arrival on Friday 1 June 2018. Departure on Monday 4 June 2018.
- Participants: Each NSO can bring up to 6 delegates and a similar number of observers.
- To ease the financial burden on the host, the hosts will cover the accommodation and related expenses of up to 4 delegates per NSO (2 youth delegates who will be attending the Youth Forum and Conference and 2 adult delegates attending the Conference).
- All the extra delegates and observers will be required to meet all their own expenses.
- All participants cover their own transport to and from the Conference venue and any costs before or after the Conference period.
International Leadership Training
- Dates: The training will take place from the 27th to the 30th of May 2018. Arrival on Sunday 27 May 2018. Departure/Joining the Zonal Youth Forum on 31 May 2018.
- Participants: This training targets young participants aged between 18 to 26 years old. Each NSO is encouraged to send between 2 to 4 participants for the training. The participants should be youth leaders within the current youth forum teams in the NSO or any other deserving young person who is making positive contributions within the NSO and within the age range.
- Objectives: The main objectives of the ILT training are as follows:
- Equip the participants with knowledge and skills on Leadership
- Develop the competencies of the participants in Project Planning
- Prepare the participants to become better communicators and
- Enhance the achievement of results through better collaborations and team dynamics
- Expected Training Outcomes:
- A pool of competent ILT alumni ready to play a proactive role in their communities and NSOs in inspiring positive transformation and social impact
- A competent pool of young leaders ready to drive change through youth led interventions
The training is organized by the Africa Scout Region with the technical support of the Interamerica Scout Region and is based on the Interamerica Leadership Training (ILT) model. It is partly funded through the Messengers of Peace Programme (MOP) and the participants contributions.
Venue: Lilongwe, Malawi. (We shall let you know of the exact location in due course)
- Each participant should cover the registration fee of 14, 300 Malawi Kwacha (USD 20) as a contribution towards food, accommodation and training materials.
- Each participant should cover own transport to and from the training venue and any costs before or after the training period.
- Participants who plan to attend the zonal youth forum should be ready to meet the relevant forum costs.
How to apply to attend?
If you are interested in attending the Youth Forum, the Conference and/or the International Leadership Training please email: firstname.lastname@example.org State the Zonal Conference and Youth Forum as the subject line. DO NOT contact the organizers directly.