As a Movement that cares for the youth, we are actively working together in our communities to make the world a better place. With the presence of the COVID-19 virus in South Africa, we share and understand the concern of our members. Therefore, we have created this page where we can share information that could be of assistance in educating and protecting our volunteers and the children, youth and communities we serve.
Virtual Campfire Chats
Want to catch up with your fellow Scouters and share ideas? Check out the daily virtual “Campfire Chats” here: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/554076540 To join, email email@example.com for the password.
Each evening will be a different topic – with the weekends being open for a general discussion on anything you would like to bring up.
These are the upcoming topic of discussion. They are subject to change so check our the daily posts on the SSA Facebook page.
- 31st Pow Wow Chat with Rochelle
- 01st Scouting with Adrienne
- 02nd Rovers with Cameron (tbc)
- 03rd Wellness with Dr Karon
- Weekend – General Discussion
- 06th Adult Awards by Andrew Campbell
- 07th Training with Sheila Tanner
- 08th WSJ and International Events with Gerard Evans
- 09th Growing your Unit with DeWaal Fourie
- 10th Adult Resources with Joy
- Weekend – General Discussion
- 13th Scouts Digital – new warrant process with Andrew Tanner
- 14th Youth Leadership with Lawrence, Justice and Daniel
- 15th Virtual Platforms for Scouting with Angus Hay (tbc)
- 16th Scouting in the EC District – Scouting with few resources with Lunga Ngini.
We look forward to having you join in – even if it is just to say hello or listen in! All SSA Adult Leaders are welcome!
Resources for parents while at home
- Scouting from Home
Other Challenge badges:
- Water Champ Challenge: https://www.scouts.org.za/2018/02/13/ssa-water-champ-challenge-badge/
- Diversity Awareness badge: https://www.scouts.org.za/diversity-awareness-badge/
- Coronavirus awareness: Hang this poster in your Scout Halls (developed by GT Scout Region/JP Perceival)
- COVID-19 hotline telephone number: 0800 029 999
- SA government measures to restrict the spread of COVID-19, summarised in the President’s statement on 15 March 2020: https://www.gov.za/speeches/statement-president-cyril-ramaphosa-measures-combat-covid-19-epidemic-15-mar-2020-0000
- World Health Organisation:
- SA Department of Health:
- Resource materials
- The Department of Health has launched a WhatsApp service providing information and updates regarding COVID-19. Simply add this number: 060 012 3456 as a WhatsApp contact and send “Hi” to start.
- COVID-19 resource website, providing information and updates: https://sacoronavirus.co.za/
- Current updates on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HealthZA
- South African National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD):
- Hotline: 0800 029 999
- Western Cape Education Department info, which can help inform you of precautions and symptoms:
- Guidelines for Social Distancing:
- Image source: Vikash Sewram/Facebook
This page will be updated as we receive information.
Cover image: source Pixabay