As a Movement that cares for the youth, we are actively working together in our communities to make the world a better place. With the presence of the COVID-19 virus in South Africa, we share and understand the concern of our members. Therefore, we have created this page where we can share information that could be of assistance in educating and protecting our volunteers and the children, youth and communities we serve.
COVID-19 Awareness Badge
SCOUTS SA has introduced a COVID-19 Awareness Badge for all youth branches. Find the requirements here.
SCOUTS SA lockdown notices
- Scouting during Level 4 lockdown – 6 May 2020
- Freedom, our opportunity to do what’s right – 27 April 2020
- Focus on the positives – 15 April 2020
- Scouting from home together – 3 April 2020
- A word of thought and gratitude – 27 March 2020
- Let’s be good citizens and do our duty – 24 March 2020
- Scout Shops open, but caution requested- 18 March 2020
- Rental of Scouting properties – 18 March 2020
- Scouting activities suspended -dd 16 March 2020
Please be advised that during the lock down we will continue to serve you via email:
- National Office and shop:
- Eastern Cape South: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gauteng: email@example.com
- KZN: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mpumalanga: The office will be closed for the duration of the lockdown.
- Western Cape: email@example.com.
Virtual Campfire Chats
After the success of the daily National Virtual Campfire Chats, we want to continue to engage and chat with our senior Scouts and Adult volunteers on a regular basis.
We are compiling the list of exciting topics for the rest of the year. If you have something you would like to chat to your Scouting peers about, please let us know by emailing Joy Hutchinson. Find the upcoming discussions HERE.
Scouting from home resources
Other Challenge badges:
- SDG Challenge badges: https://www.scouts.org.za/members/sdgs/
- Water Champ Challenge: https://www.scouts.org.za/2018/02/13/ssa-water-champ-challenge-badge/
- Diversity Awareness badge: https://www.scouts.org.za/diversity-awareness-badge/
- Coronavirus awareness: Hang this poster in your Scout Halls (developed by GT Scout Region/JP Perceival)
- Current SA COVID-19 facts and information:
- COVID-19 hotline telephone number: 0800 029 999
- Current updates on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HealthZA
- WhatsApp service providing information and updates regarding COVID-19. Simply add this number: 060 012 3456 as a WhatsApp contact and send “Hi” to start.
- Resource materials
- South African National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD): http://www.nicd.ac.za/diseases-a-z-index/covid-19/
- World Health Organisation (WHO):
- Please click HERE for a video with accurate information about the Corona Virus. It also gives pointers on how you can best protect yourself and others from the spread of this virus.
- Prevention methods recommended by WHO.
- Western Cape Education Department info, which can help inform you of precautions and symptoms:
This page will be updated as we receive information.
Cover image: source Pixabay